Murder Intentions [2012] Conception Of A Virulent Breed



With 2012 almost upon us I decided to get an early start on the the new death metal acts hitting the digital shelves, and Murder Intentions was my first tarted. I had never heard of them prior to this release, and as far as I know they only have a debut and a demo before this, so they are still an up and coming band it seems, and this ep shows why. At first I thought this would be a real gem, due to the dual vocalists in the band, but alas it was a wee bit of a letdown of an album for me. The vocalists are a mixture of guttural growls and metalcore-esque screams and the music itself seems like a weird mixture of The Red Chord style metalcore and that typical slam style playing that has riddled death metal these days. The production isn’t terrible, in fact by most unknown band standards it’s actually pretty good, so no Artery Eruption nonsense here folks. I tried my best to sell it here, but here comes the cons.

Complaints? While the music itself isn’t terrible, and the vocals aren’t the worst I’ve heard, this album just did absolutely nothing for me. I feel like I have heard everything this band has done already in bigger and better acts and the mixture of the metalcore vocals with the bland riffs and the stale gutturals just makes me want to check and make sure I don’t have Bleeding Through playing over Dying Fetus’s later bad material. There’s just a massive lack of brutality and punch with this this release and it just feels like I am being given a half-ass performance by a group of aspiring 15 year old metalheads wanting to make a sweet new band to impress chicks. Clocking in at a hair over 22 minutes, that is exactly the length my patience went with this release, so thankfully they did me the favor of ending the record on a quick note, however the last track is a staggering SIX MINUTE outro that is utterly worthless, so I advise skipping it like I did. Overall it’s not bad, it’s an honest attempt it seems, but I have just heard it all before done way better, for once this review is completed I most likely will never have a desire to listen to this record ever again, nor do I plan on keeping this: hello recycling bin!

SHIT RATING: ALRIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment