Киста [2012] Киста



I am not entirely sure what made me download this, maybe it was the Russian flavor, the interesting artwork or maybe just another blind download. Point is, I didn’t really know what to expect when I first played this. Now from what little I know, Киста, or Cyst, is a Russian death metal infused crust outfit with one pissed off agenda to share.

Trying to really explain this band is difficult, for they are at times fully crust and other times death sounding, but musically speaking it is a mix of Swedish d-beat crust and bulldozer style blackened death metal, meaning there is nothing but static drenched brutality in this delicious cake. And to top it all of, the vocals on this are 2 parts Thomas Lindberg and 1 part Trevor Strnad (the deep vocals from earlier material, not the nigh stuff), often times dual layering themselves to create an odd, yet fun vocal style that I haven’t really heard from many other bands. Take for example the second track “Иисус тоже любит егермейстер”, which starts off with a standard d-beat but then transforms into a spazzy Bodies in the Gears of the Apparatus influenced piece that then transforms into something I would expect to hear out of a modern fast paced death metal band who liked Nile or Morbid Angel. Point is, these tracks are all over the place, but the interesting thing is that they all fit perfectly and never go far enough to sound incoherent. And considering it clocks in at a hair under 20 minutes, it’s not like it’ll require your entire day to listen to it. Overall it is a fun album, and is on level 10 from start to finish, so anyone who’s into grindy or crusty stuff should enjoy it.

As far as complaints go, I don’t really have any, I just wish this was all in English so I had a clue of what the song titles were.

SHIT RATING: GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment